MIAMI (July 15, 2016) – Last night, Sony Music artists swept the 2016 Premios Juventud [Youth Awards] and took home 18 honors—the most of any label.
The label stands proudly at the forefront of pop culture, profoundly influencing and impacting the next generation of Latin music. That influence is evident in the artists’ accomplishments at Premios Juventud as all of the victors were chosen by fans through voting at http://www.premiosjuventud.com. The voice of the people spoke loud and clear!
Hosted by Sony stars Prince Royce, Becky G, and Luis Coronel, the 14th annual ceremony aired live on Univision and was marked by a string of unforgettable and potentially viral moments. CNCO triumphed, winning 5 of the evening’s top honors. Others winners include Chayanne, Gente de Zona, HaAsh, Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony, Nicky Jam, Ricky Martin and Wisin among others. Meanwhile, HaAsh, DVICIO, Abraham Mateo, Play-N-Skillz, Silvestre Dangond, and Carlos Rivera took to the stage as presenters.
Unforgettable Performances From Becky G, Enrique Iglesias, Farruko, Leslie Grace, Maluma, Pitbull, Prince Royce, Reik, Yandel & more!
Among the many highlights, the artists delivered show-stopping performances and surprises for an excited audience.
• On the red carpet, Jacob Forever and Farruko started the party with “Hasta Que Se Seque El Malecón.”
• Gente De Zona and Los del Río bridged generations with a historic “Más Macarena.”
• Mexicali trio Reik lit up “La Bamba” like only they can.
• In between hosting the evening’s celebration, powerhouse Prince Royce surprised viewers with a medley of “Stand by Me” and new track “La Carretera.”
• Iconic superstar Enrique Iglesias sang a special version of his 2010 hit “Tonight” leading into a jaw-dropping performance of “Duele El Corazon” with Wisin.
• Marc Anthony shocked and awed the entire arena, popping up unannounced during a musical presentation of new personally talent he discovered. He joined Luis Figueroa for “Flor Pálida.”
• Yandel accompanied Pitbull and I AM CHINO for a rousing and wild live interpretation of their collaboration “Hay Mi Dios,” followed by Pitbull’s “Messing Around”.
• Pulling double duty as a performer and host, Becky G’s brand new single “Sola” brought the entire audience to his feet as her voice shined.
• Taking a break from hosting, Luis Coronel and Farruko performed “No Voy A Dejar.”
• Pop quintet CNCO turned up with a stunning performance of their single “Quisiera,” causing a frenzy of excitement.
• The man of the hour Maluma delivered what will be remembered as legendary renditions of “El Perdedor” and “Sin Contrato.”
• Leslie Grace debuted her new single “Aire” with Maluma.
• Magneto got wild on “Vuela, Vuela,” Mario Domm sang “Mientes” with Laura Pausini, and this year’s Red Carpet host, Chiquis Rivera dropped by for a performance of “Pelo Suelto” with Gloria Trevi.
Sony Music would like to sincerely congratulate all of the evening’s winners, presenters, and hosts on an incredible evening.
The Sony Music winners are:
La Combinación Perfecta (The Perfect Combo) – “La Gozadera” – Gente de Zona ft. Marc Anthony
Lo Toco Todo (Just Play It All) – “Los Vaqueros: La Trilogía” – Wisin
Voz del Momento (Red Hot Artist) – Nicky Jam
El Súper Tour (The Super Tour) – “One World Tour” – Ricky Martin
La Más Pegajosa (Catchiest Tune) – “Tan Fácil” – CNCO
Canción Corta – venas (Heart-Wrenching Song) – “Perdón Perdón” – Ha*Ash
Mi Artista Pop Rock (My Pop/Rock Artist) -CNCO
Mi Artista Regional Mexicano (My Regional Mexican Artist) – Luis Coronel (DEL Records/Empire)
Mi Artista Tropical (My Tropical Artist) – Marc Anthony
Mi Artista Urbano (My Urban Artist) – Nicky Jam
Favorite Hit – “Hello” – Adele (Columbia)
Favorite Hitmaker – Adele (Columbia)
Producers Choice Award – CNCO
Mi Tuitero Favorito (My Favorite Artist to follow on Twitter) – CNCO
Mejor Tema Novelero (Best “Novela” Theme Song) – “Tu Respiración” (Lo Imperdonable) – Chayanne
Actriz Que Se Roba La Pantalla (My Favorite Movie Actress) – Jennifer López (Epic)
#PJLook Female – Becky G
#PJLook Male – CNCO